Nicole Cote School of Dance offers an optional end of the year recital for our students. All detailed recital information will be available on our website at the beginning of October. Every bit of information about the shows and all of the events leading up the big day, including ticket and DVD purchase information, tight and shoe requirements, picture day details, and much more will all be available online and through the studio.
We have a date for our Spring Recital!!! The following are more details:
* RECITAL DATE: Saturday May 27th at The Bayside Performing Arts Center
Nicole Cote School of Dance will be having 3 shows for our 18th annual spring recital.
* SHOW TIMES:
11:00 am ((Dancers will arrive by 10:30am)
(Pebble Creek Pineapple Cove dancers)
2:00 pm ((Dancers will arrive by 1:30pm)
(Bayside Pineapple Cove Dancers)
(Palm Bay & West Melbourne Rec Centers)
5:00 pm (Dancers will arrive by 4:30pm
(Northshore Pineapple Cove dancers)
STUDIO LINEUP - TBA - Show line ups will be available inside the studio lobby and on the studio Facebook page prior to the recital. Please check the lineup for your dance's scheduled showtimes. SHOW LINEUPS WILL BE AVAILABLE BY FEBRUARY 2023.
Location specific information:
Palm Bay & West Melbourne Recreation Recital information
Pineapple Cove PRIMA BALLERINAS (Pebble Creek, Northshore & Bayside locations)
COSTUMES WILL BE ORDERED IN NOVEMBER, EACH DANCER WILL BE SIZED BY THEIR INSTRUCTOR AND WILL BE GIVEN A COSTUME ORDER FORM FOR PARENTS TO FILL OUT AND TURN IN BY NOVEMBER 20TH
* DRESS REHEARSAL: Dress rehearsal will be your child's last class before the recital. It will be held at the studio during your child's regular scheduled dance class. Your child will need to be dressed in costume with hair and make-up done. Pineapple Cove Dress rehearsals will be held at 5180 Minton rd during the week of May 22-26. Days and times TBD
*TICKETS: Tickets can be purchased in advance in April or at the door the day of the show. Seating is first come first served. Ticket purchases will be available in April, ticket pricing coming soon!
PINEAPPLE COVE DANCERS - Ticket order forms will be EMAILED TO ALL DANCERS AND ALSO brought to Pineapple Cove facility for parents to purchase in April 2023. If you do not receive a ticket order form, please see the front desk OR CONTACT NICOLE COTE, you may also print a ticket order form through the studio website. You may turn in your ticket order forms and payments to the front desk, drop off at 5180 Minton rd or emailed to the studio website . Once tickets are purchased they will be brought to Pineapple Cove for distribution.
*NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY: The day of the recital there will be no flash photography allowed. The flash is dangerous to the performers on stage, leaving them temporarily "blinded", which could result in an accident on stage. The flash also distracts from the performance.
*VIDEOGRAPHY AND PICTURES: There will be a videographer taping the recital so that you can purchase a copy for yourself. There will also be a professional photographer in the studio during the month of May to shoot professional photos
if your dancer in their costumes. More info coming.
If you have any questions, please call Miss Nicole at 725-6710. The studio is very excited about celebrating its 18th recital and hopes that it is an enjoyable experience for you and your dancers!
»» Click here for the Recital Ad and "Love note" order form
»» Click here for the Emma's Flowers order form
»» Click here for the Recital Ticket order form
»» Click here for the Recital T-shirt order form
»» Recital Tights Class Information
»» Recital Tights order form
OR, scan the QR code below for a direct link
RECITAL PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
- Class Attendance – Attendance is extremely important, especially during the months of February through June. Each week the steps and proper technique are being taught for the performance. Please try to miss as few classes as possible for your dancer’s and their class’ sake.
- Costumes – A costume must be purchased for each class in order to dance in the show.
- Costume Fittings – Costume sizing will take place the end of October through the beginning of November during their regularly scheduled class time. Pictures of each class’ costume can be viewed in the waiting area beginning near the beginning of November.
- Dress Rehearsal – Dress rehearsals will take place at the studio during the dancer's last class before the recital.
- Show Tickets – Recital tickets will go on sale in April through the studio. Prices coming soon!
THE BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN THE RECITAL
- The recital is a fun experience that creates lifetime memories.
- It allows dancers to fully experience a performing art and the unique feeling of being on a stage
- Parents can always expect age appropriate movement and costumes
- Preparing for a recital is a way for dancers to work on memorization skills, rhythm, technique, teamwork, and much more; they LOVE having something to be proud of...and it shows!
- It gives dancers the opportunity to perform in front of an audience that will boost self-confidence in everything they do
- Family and friends get to see what their dancers have learned in dance class
- Athletes have games, Dancers have a recital. This is what we practice for all year long!
- Instills a passion for the arts in children's lives
- Opens children's minds and hearts to a life onstage or in the arts
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECITAL QUESTIONS
Q: Is the recital mandatory?
A: No. The recital is strongly encouraged, but it is not required
Q: Why do we need to purchase a costume?
A: Costumes are required to unite each class, much like a team uniform, and are essential in presenting a professional looking show. We order costumes from the same high quality costume manufacturer we have for many years. We have found that our parents much prefer the higher quality costumes that come at a slightly higher cost than the less expensive, poor quality costumes do. Many students wear these costumes for months, even a year after and they are still in great condition. When it comes to dance costumes, you really do get what you pay for.
Q: What costs are associated with the ticket price?
A: It costs thousands of dollars to produce the recital. Here is just a quick list of just some of the major expenses the ticket prices cover: the King Center rental, lighting rental, backdrop rental, King Center crew members , several buildings and ground maintenance and janitorial staff members (10-12 hour day), entire 15-20 member crew of Nicole Cote School of Dance staff for 12 hour days, professional keepsake program books for each audience member, insurance, props, etc. to name few.
- back to top of page -