Nicole Cote School of Dance offers an optional end of the year recital for our students. All detailed recital information will be available on our website at the beginning of October. Every bit of information about the shows and all of the events leading up the big day, including ticket and DVD purchase information, tight and shoe requirements, picture day details, and much more will all be available online and through the studio.
We have a date for our Spring Recital!!! The following are more details:
* RECITAL DATE: Saturday May 29th
Nicole Cote School of Dance will be having 2 shows for our 16th annual spring recital.
* SHOW TIMES:
10:00 am (dancers need to arrive @ 9:30am)
Pineapple Cove - Northshore dancers
2:00 pm (dancers need to arrive @ 1:30pm)
Pineapple Cove - Bayside dancers
» RECITAL TIGHTS , SHOES, & HAIR: Please check your class listing here to know what color/type of tights and shoes you will need for the recital. It is best when everyone in the class buys the same tights and shoes so that all dancers look the same on stage.
»» Click here to print the recital tights order form
*COSTUMES: Costume fees PER CLASS are $75.00 for dancers 11 and under and $80.00 for dancers 12 and over. Costumes must be ordered early as it takes up to 5 months to receive them from the manufacturer. Costumes will be ordered in November 2020
*NEW* There is a $5.00 per costume fee on all orders placed after November 15. Any Costume payments received after December 15th will be ordered separately with an additional $15 per costume fee for shipping. Any costumes ordered after December are not guaranteed in hand for picture day or the recital performance day. This only applies to new registration. Only those registered after November will be able to order late costume.
COSTUME PAYMENT IS DUE NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 15TH
only those costumes paid in full by November 15th will be ordered.
PINEAPPLE COVE DANCERS - All dancers that attend Pineapple Cove will be measured during their dance classes. You may turn in your order form and payments to the front desk or drop off at 5180 Minton rd. Palm Bay, FL 32907 NO LATER THAN FEB. 15
* DRESS REHEARSAL: Dress rehearsal will be your child's last class before the recital. It will be held at the studio during your child's regular scheduled dance class. Your child will need to be dressed in costume with hair and make-up done.
PINEAPPLE COVE DANCERS - DRESS REHEARSAL FOR PINEAPPLE COVE DANCERS WILL BE HELD AT 5180 MINTON RD PALM BAY, 32907
NORTHSHORE - TUESDAY MAY 25, 2021. 2 & 3 yr 5:30-6:00, VPK (10:40 class 6:00-6:30/ 11:20 class 6:30-7:00 pm)
BAYSIDE - MONDAY MAY 24, 2021. 2 & 3 yr old class 6:00-6:30, VPK class 6:30-7:00)
*TICKETS: Tickets can be purchased in advance in April-May or at the door the day of the show. Seating is first come first served. Ticket order forms will be handed out in April, ticket pricing coming soon!
PINEAPPLE COVE DANCERS - Ticket order forms will be brought to Pineapple Cove facility for parents to purchase. If you do not receive a ticket order form, please see the front desk. You may turn in your ticket order forms and payments to the front desk and they will be delivered to Nicole Cote School of Dance. You may also purchase tickets online @ nicolecoteschoolofdance.com. Once tickets are purchased they will be brought to Pineapple Cove for distribution.
*NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY: The day of the recital there will be no flash photography allowed. The flash is dangerous to the performers on stage, leaving them temporarily "blinded", which could result in an accident on stage. The flash also distracts from the performance.
*VIDEOGRAPHY AND PICTURES: There will be a videographer taping the recital so that you can purchase a copy for yourself. There will also be a professional photographer in the studio during the month of May to shoot professional photos
if your dancer in their costumes. More info. Coming.
»» Click here to print the recital video order form
If you have any questions, please call Miss Nicole at 725-6710. The studio is very excited about celebrating its 16th recital and hopes that it is an enjoyable experience for you and your dancers!
Click here to print the Recital Information document
RECITAL PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
- Class Attendance – Attendance is extremely important, especially during the months of February through June. Each week the steps and proper technique are being taught for the performance. Please try to miss as few classes as possible for your dancer’s and their class’ sake.
- Costumes – A costume must be purchased for each class in order to dance in the show.
- Costume Fittings – Costume sizing will take place the end of October through the beginning of November during their regularly scheduled class time. Pictures of each class’ costume can be viewed in the waiting area beginning near the beginning of November.
- Dress Rehearsal – Dress rehearsals will take place at the studio during the dancer's last class before the recital.
- Show Tickets – Recital tickets will go on sale in April through the studio. Prices coming soon!
THE BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN THE RECITAL
- The recital is a fun experience that creates lifetime memories.
- It allows dancers to fully experience a performing art and the unique feeling of being on a stage
- Parents can always expect age appropriate movement and costumes
- Preparing for a recital is a way for dancers to work on memorization skills, rhythm, technique, teamwork, and much more; they LOVE having something to be proud of...and it shows!
- It gives dancers the opportunity to perform in front of an audience that will boost self-confidence in everything they do
- Family and friends get to see what their dancers have learned in dance class
- Athletes have games, Dancers have a recital. This is what we practice for all year long!
- Instills a passion for the arts in children's lives
- Opens children's minds and hearts to a life onstage or in the arts
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECITAL QUESTIONS
Q: Is the recital mandatory?
A: No. The recital is strongly encouraged, but it is not required
Q: Why do we need to purchase a costume?
A: Costumes are required to unite each class, much like a team uniform, and are essential in presenting a professional looking show. We order costumes from the same high quality costume manufacturer we have for many years. We have found that our parents much prefer the higher quality costumes that come at a slightly higher cost than the less expensive, poor quality costumes do. Many students wear these costumes for months, even a year after and they are still in great condition. When it comes to dance costumes, you really do get what you pay for.
Q: What costs are associated with the ticket price?
A: It costs thousands of dollars to produce the recital. Here is just a quick list of just some of the major expenses the ticket prices cover: the King Center rental, lighting rental, backdrop rental, King Center crew members , several buildings and ground maintenance and janitorial staff members (10-12 hour day), entire 15-20 member crew of Nicole Cote School of Dance staff for 12 hour days, professional keepsake program books for each audience member, insurance, props, etc. to name few.
- back to top of page -